Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 25, 2012

It's impossible to talk about the Protestant Reformation without mentioning Martin Luther. People seem to have strong opinions about him, for good and for bad, and while he wasn't perfect, I admire him immensely for his steadfast, direct nature and his engaging quotes. He was a great lover of words. Here are some of my favorite Martin Luther quotes:


“I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”
 “True humility does not know that it is humble. If it did, it would be proud from the contemplation of so fine a virtue.”

“I know not the way God leads me, but well do I know my Guide.”

“The fewer the words, the better the prayer.”

“This grace of God is a very great, strong, mighty and active thing. It does not lie asleep in the soul. Grace hears, leads, drives, draws, changes, works all in man, and lets itself be distinctly felt and experienced. It is hidden, but its works are evident.”


My spiritual journey has often been brightened by Martin Luther's unfailing wit and uncanny ability to pick out what is truly important.


(c) 2012 Joyously Saved



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog